Parents and Guardians, 8/6/21
Welcome back! We hope you’ve had an enjoyable summer. I know we are eager to see the students’ smiling faces in the
hallways on Monday. If you have not completed registration, please do so online using Skyward family access or call your
student’s building. We have people standing by to help walk you through registration. The registration process allows students
to receive their Chromebooks when they arrive.
We want to remind everyone masks/face coverings (school appropriate) are required on the bus but are currently optional once
students have arrived. We have also added additional quarantine options.
● Students who are considered a close contact will receive a call home for notification.
● You may keep your child home for the normal 14 day quarantine period.
● You may allow your student to return after day 10 wearing a mask until day 14. They may participate in extracurricular
activities during this period but they must wear their mask.
● Students may return after 7 days wearing a mask with a negative test and wearing a mask until day 14 and may not
participate in extracurricular activities until day 10.
● Students who are fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine but they must wear a mask while monitoring symptoms. It
is suggested they get tested on day 3-5.
● A student who has tested positive, in the previous 90 days prior to exposure, is not required to quarantine.
● If someone in the students home tests positive for COVID-19, they will be required to quarantine. See page 4 of our
Return to School Plan for more information.
● If a student themselves tests positive for COVID-19, they are required to quarantine per their healthcare provider’s
recommendation and be symptom free to return. See page 5 and 6 of our Return to School plan for more information.
● If your child is experiencing even mild symptoms, please call the school and keep your child home. This will help in
our efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
We will continue to communicate with local officials and if local numbers continue to rise, or if we see significant spread within
school, we will return to masks required. Our ultimate goal is to remain in session for the 2021-2022 school year. We are still
making efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19 at school. We will continue to clean buses after each route. We will continue
our cleaning efforts within the building using color coded zone cleaning. We will continue frequent hand washing restroom
breaks and have hand sanitizer stations throughout the rooms and halls. We will continue to use water bottle filling stations
rather than water fountains. We will continue our additional lunch periods to reduce the number of students in the cafeteria and
we will still socially distance when possible and limit the sharing of items.
While we continue to monitor the local numbers within the county, we will certainly monitor the number of positive cases
within the school. We are asking for your continued support and help to ensure we can do everything possible to keep students
continuing with in person instruction at school. If you have the opportunity to sub, either as a teacher, custodian, or bus
monitor/driver or know someone who can, we encourage you to reach out to our office at 812-427-2611 and this will greatly
help our efforts.
Thank you for everything and I look forward to seeing your student on Monday!
Mr. Rod Hite, Superintendent
Switzerland County School Corporation
Welcome Back from Mr. Hite
Parents and Guardians, 8/6/21