FROM: Switzerland County Middle School
RE: End of School Year and Summer Information
DATE: May 11th, 2020
Switzerland County Middle School hopes this message finds you and your family safe and doing well during this trying time. The school year officially ended for the students on April 30th but the Teachers at SCMS are still available for the students to contact if they have any questions about missing or late school assignments that the students are still trying to finish up.
The school knows that there are several questions out there from all of you now that this school year is coming to a close. Below is a list of information that the Middle School hopes will answer your questions moving forward:
- Academic work from students can still be turned in until Thursday, May 21st and the students will receive credit for these assignments. Final grades will be available online through Skyward on Wednesday, May 27th.
- Starting Wednesday, May 13th the MS Office will be open from 10:00am-2:00pm daily.
- Student Chromebooks will be kept by the students throughout the summer and will be brought back by the students for the beginning of the 2020-2021 School Year.
- Student lockers have been cleaned out and all contents have been labeled. Starting Wednesday, May 13th parents can come to the MS to pick up these items during the new office hours. Also, any library books or other school property outside of technology must be returned to the school at this time. We ask that when parents arrive at the school to pick up the belongings of the students that they call the school office (812-427-3809) and someone will run the contents out to your car. You will not have to come into the building and this limits contact between parents and school personnel.
- Middle School Athletics will follow the guidelines set forth by the state and will look to start off-season workouts in early July. More information will be sent in June.
- Washington DC Trip refund checks will be mailed out in mid-May to families.
- Meals-to-You (Make sure you check out the Superintendent’s letter): Sign-up online AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Access the online form by visiting our corporation website at https://www.switzerland.k12.in.us/. You will ONLY have four days to sign up. May 12th is the last day to register.
Sean McGarvey (Principal/AD)