Switzerland County Middle School hopes this message finds you and your family safe and doing well as we head into the summer months. The last day of school for the students is on Thursday, May 27th but the MS Office will be open and school personnel available everyday until June 11th from 8:00am-3:00pm to answer any questions you may have as this school year officially wraps up.
The school knows that there are several questions out there from all of you now that this school year is coming to a close. Below is a list of information that the Middle School hopes will answer your questions moving forward:
- Device pick up for all Middle School students will be on Wednesday, May 26th so they can be cleaned and repaired (if needed) and returned to the students at the beginning of next school year.
- Summer School will be June 14th-18th and all students who are expected to attend have been notified.
- The students will have the opportunity to clean out their lockers during the final week of school. Any items that are left behind will be at the Middle School available to be claimed until June 18th.
- An updated “Covid Preparedness Plan” will be released before the next school year. Please remember that this document is constantly being revised based on information from the Indiana Department of Health.
- Middle School Athletics will be taking place this summer and will look to start off-season workouts in early July. More information will be sent in June.
- Orientation Night for the MS and HS will be held on Thursday, August 5th, 2021.
- As of July 1st there will be a change in leadership here at the MS. I will be stepping down as MS Principal and returning to the classroom within the school corporation. It has been an honor and privilege to serve the students of Switzerland County for the past seven years in this capacity. Mark Boggs will be stepping into the role of MS Principal for the 2021-2022 school year.
Sean McGarvey (Principal/AD)