Seniors and Senior Parents,
The Governor’s executive order does not allow for any student use of buildings or facilities through June 30th of 2020. It is still our intention to have a graduation in which our graduates are able to celebrate in person, with their fellow classmates.
At this time our plan is as follows:
Graduation: July 18th, 2020 at 10 a.m.
Location: SCHS Track
*Location, Date, and Style of Graduation are subject to change based on state and local guidelines.
- Graduation attendance is voluntary. Any student or guest who has concerns about their health and safety as related to COVID-19 should not attend. Those graduates who do not attend will still receive their diploma.
- Graduation will be on the track allowing for social distancing of students and attendees.
- Bleachers will be marked to allow social distancing of attendees.
- There will be limited seating available.
- Each graduate will be limited to 4 guests allowing for social distancing. These tickets will be issued by guest name. They may not be used or traded with other senior students due to social distance guidelines for parent groups. (6-8 feet apart)
- Handicap seating options will be provided.
- Recommended anyone 65 or older or anyone with preexisting conditions or who is “at risk” per medical guidelines should not attend. Anyone with concerns should consult their physician before deciding to attend.
- Anyone diagnosed with or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or anyone who has had contact with someone diagnosed with or experiencing the systems of COVID-19 must not attend.
- Online waivers will be required to be signed by graduates, guests, and staff to attend.
- Efforts are being made to ensure graduation will be video live streamed and played on the local radio station.
- A photographer will take all photos, no parents are to leave their seats during the program.
- In the event of inclement weather the alternative date will be July 25th. If graduation is July 25th the ceremony may be virtual. Details on a virtual graduation are being created now in the event they are needed.
- The use of PPE and other accepted COVID-19 safety measures is recommended and “may” be asked to be worn by some or everyone. All students will be given a mask created by a local vendor. The masks will be in school colors.
- The decision for all attendees to wear PPE will be made as the date nears through additional collaboration with our local health department.
- Additional and more specific information regarding the ceremony will be provided to seniors and their families by the SCHS administrators in the near future.
- Due to unknown factors throughout the state/nation we will provide updated date and time information on the graduation ceremony if needed closer to the graduation date.
We want to take this opportunity to congratulate you, the Class of 2020. You may want to take part in the upcoming “Graduate Together High School Class of 2020” national graduation recognition. This additional virtual event will be held on Saturday, May 16, at 8:00 p.m. This is not a school sponsored activity but you can find more information on this event at the following website: WEBSITE LINK
Mr. Todd, Principal SCHS