Switzerland County High School hopes this message finds you and your family safe and doing well as we head into the summer months. The last day of school for the students is on Thursday, May 27th.
The school knows that there are several questions out there from all of you now that this school year is coming to a close. Below is a list of information that the High School hopes will answer your questions moving forward:
- Device pick up for all High School students will be on Thursday, May 27th so they can be cleaned and repaired (if needed) and returned to the students at the beginning of next school year.
- Summer School will be June 14th-July 2nd for all students who are expected to attend who have been notified.
- The students will have the opportunity to clean out their lockers before leaving school.
- An updated “Covid Preparedness Plan” will be released before the next school year. Please remember that this document is constantly being revised based on information from the Indiana Department of Health.
- Students who plan to be involved in athletics in the fall will need to make sure that they get an athletic physical this summer. Forms can be picked up in the office or printed from the www.ihsaa.org website.
- Orientation Night for the HS will be held on Thursday, August 5th, 2021.
- As of July 1st there will be a change in leadership here at the HS. I am taking a job at the central office and Jason Cheek will be taking over as the principal at the high school. We are excited about the changes to our school and our corporation.Mark Boggs will also be leaving to become the principal at the MS.
- Seniors – Graduation practice is this Friday from 1:00-3:00. Lunch will be provided in the cafeteria at 12:00 prior to the practice. Bring your cap and gowns. Each senior will be given 10 tickets for the graduation at the practice. Graduation will be Saturday at 10:30.
- The Senior Awards/Scholarship Program will be at 10:00 Wednesday.
David Todd (Principal)