Get paid to earn your associates degree and land a job.
Yes, you read that right! The Nucor Technical Academy is a unique program designed to launch successful Nucor careers by providing full scholarship for tuition and housing for motivated, qualified candidates who GET PAID to go to class.
APPLY NOW FOR FALL
Our program provides education and hands-on training without the typical financial burdens of going to school.
- Tuition and fees are completely covered by the program (minimum 3.0 GPA required)
- Housing is provided for students living in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Nucor provides travel expenses for travel between Tuscaloosa and your home mill
- Students are paid for their time in class and for on-the-job training
- Graduates become part of the Nucor team with competitive full-time pay and benefits
Nucor will pay you for the hours you are on the job training and the hours you attend class.
- $10/hour in 1st year, with no experience
- $12/hour in 2nd year, based on performance and maintaining a minimum 3.0 GPA
- $14/hour in 3rd year, based on performance and maintaining a minimum 3.0 GPA
How To Apply
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD DO THE FOLLOWING
- Apply to Nucor Technical Academy
(Applications accepted October 1 – January 31)
2. Include a
with Nucor application
3. Include chronological resume with Nucor application
4. Include transcript with SAT/ACT with Nucor application
5. Include a
6. Take Willingness Survey during Nucor application
if you have questions.