Dear Parent / Guardian,
Due to recent bus accidents, we would like to share with you some safety tips to discuss with your child.
- When crossing the highway in front of the bus, make sure you see the red lights flashing, stop arm out, AND look for a signal from the driver that it is safe to cross.
- Never cross behind the school bus.
- Never chase after the school bus.
- Wait at the bus stop in a safe place, 10-12 feet away from the road.
- Try to arrive at the bus stop five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Have all items in their book bag before they leave home (and tell them to keep them there until they get to school) so they do not drop anything.
- Keep electronic equipment packed away as they prepare to board. Never use an electronic device or wear earbuds when walking to the bus stop or when getting on/off the bus.
We want to ensure the safety of your child getting to and from school. Please discuss these things with your child weekly, or daily, if needed. Thank you for your help in this matter.