What is the KY FAME Program?
More than anyone else, parents and educators understand the importance of providing young adults options for their futures and careers. The KY FAME program offers education and training for high-paying and diverse careers options in advanced manufacturing. In the program, students gain on-the-job experience with a sponsoring company 24 hours a week while attending classes at a local Kentucky Community and Technical College 16 hours a week. This allows students to reinforce classroom instruction with paid, hands-on training. After five semesters, students not only earn an associate degree in Applied Science, but their work experience surges them ahead of their competitors. (from KY Fame website: http://kyfame.com/)
What do students gain from the KY FAME Program?
- An Associate in Applied Science in Industrial Maintenance Technology-Advanced Manufacturing Technician Track
- 68 to 71 AMT credit hours
- Approximately 1,800 hours of paid on-the-job training and work experience
- Potentially zero student-loan debt
- Opportunity for full-time employment with a sponsoring employer
- Or continue thier education in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering at an AME participating engineering university or in Advanced Manufacturing Business at Northwood University
The 3 students who were accepted:
Regan Chitwood has been accepted into the Kentucky Fame program and will be working with Bosch Automotive Steering.
Morgan Arnold has been accepted into the Kentucky Fame program and will be working with Hahn Industries
Greg Givens has been accepted into the Kentucky Fame program and will be working with Lor’el