Dear Parents and Guardians,
As we began our plans for the 2021-2022 school year, we addressed the COVID-19 return to school safety plan. The school board recently approved our return to school action plan. A copy can be found on the school website under the COVID-19 tab. Each principal will also be sending a newsletter containing a link to the plan.
There will still be additional safety precautions taken during the 2021-2022 school year but there are modifications from last school year that include:
● Masks will be optional for all students and staff in the buildings.
● School bus riders will be required to wear a mask on the bus. This is a federal requirement.
● Vaccination cards are NOT required to be turned in to the office or teachers.
● Parents will now have more options if your child is a close contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive:
○ If a vaccination card is provided AFTER you have been notified your child is a close contact, the student will not be required to quarantine.
○ If the student has a documented positive case within the past 90 days of exposure, your student will not be required to quarantine.
○ If neither of these take place you have three options:
■ Quarantine the 14 day period after exposure. No mask required when the student returns.
■ Quarantine 10 days and return on day 11, 12, 13, and 14 wearing a mask if no symptoms develop. No mask required on day 15. Students may participate in extracurricular activities wearing a mask when possible.
■ Quarantine 6 days and return on day 7, 8, or 9 if you have a negative COVID-19 test result taken on day 7, 8, or 9 and symptom free. Students during this time period will still be required to wear a mask but may not participate in extracurricular activities per the IHSAA. The mask requirement remains in place until day 15.
● Full details of the return to school plan can be found on the school website or by clicking on the links below.
SCSC Revised Re-Entry Plan
SCSC 2021-2022 Return to School Action Plan
● General school registration information will be released soon for the 2021-2022 school year. If you have questions about school specific information, please contact the front office of your child’s school.
Thank you for your support as we begin the 2021-2022 school year. We look forward to seeing all students on August 9th!
Mr. Rod Hite, Superintendent
Switzerland County School Corporation