SWITZERLAND COUNTY SCHOOL CORPORATION
BOARD OF SCHOOL TRUSTEES
EXECUTIVE SESSION & REGULAR MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
TO BE HELD
IN THE BOARD ROOM OF THE ADMINISTRATION OFFICE LOCATED AT
1040 WEST MAIN ST. / VEVAY, IN 47043
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2018
EXECUTIVE SESSION: 5:00 P.M.
UNDER THE OPEN DOOR/SUNSHINE LAW, THE SWITZERLAND COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD
OF TRUSTEES WILL MEET IN EXECUTIVE SESSION TO DISCUSS A JOB PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF AN INDIVIDUAL EMPLOYEE; AND WITH RESPECT TO ANY INDIVIDUAL OVER WHOM THE GOVERNING BODY HAS JURISDICTION: TO DISCUSS BEFORE A DETERMINATION THE INDIVIDUAL’S STATUS AS AN EMPLOYEE. THIS IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(9); AND I.C.5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(6)(B), RESPECTIVELY.
The meeting site is fully accessible. Any person requiring further accommodations should contact Mr. Michael L. Jones, Switzerland County School Superintendent, at 427-2611 or 2612 at the school corporation’s administration office by noon, the day of the meeting.
The Mission of the Switzerland County School Corporation, in cooperation with students, parents, and the community, shall provide for all eligible persons a legal and cost-effective educational opportunity presented in modern, comfortable, and safe facilities by a professionally trained and developed staff utilizing state-of-the-art educational technology. Please shut down or mute all communication devices during this meeting.
REGULAR MEETING: 6:00 P.M.
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance & Moment of Silence
- Roll Call – Corporation Secretary
- Overall Agenda Approval
- Student Recognitions: Ally Furnish & Cameron Niswander
- Consent Agenda Items:
- Meeting Minutes: 1/22/18 Board Meeting; 2/05/18 Facilities & Grounds Board Committee Mtg.
- Monthly Financial Report
- Payroll & Vendor Claims
- Approval of Grants/Donations
- ECA Fundraisers
- Overnight Field Trips/Staff Professional Development Leaves
- Presentation: ISTEP Scores & Graduation Rates –Ross & Edwards
- Reports: Student Representatives / Board Committees / Superintendent Legislative
- Public Comments
- Old Business
- Consideration of NEOLA Policy Updates & Revisions of Vol. 30, No. 1 Policies, #5111 & #9270
- New Business
- Allowance of Transfer of Funds
- Bus Route Modification
- Consideration of Request from Contract Driver for Extended Bus Use
- Consideration of Proposal for New Course for 2018-2019 School Year: AP Computer Science Principles
- ECA Recommendations
- Use of School Facilities Applications
- Superintendent Announcements